I was thinking about friend of mine who recently died with cancer. Was her death beautiful in God’s eyes? I think so. She loved the Lord with all her heart, soul, and mind. She demonstrated it right up until her last breath. Although she suffered much, she never stopped praising God.
Is it true that death is beautiful in God’s Eyes?
How is it that death can be beautiful in God’s eyes?
1. This World is not my home. My eternal home is in heaven and although I don’t know the exact day I will go there, God does and He is eagerly waiting to welcome us home. In His Favor is life and that is beautiful for He has given us the free gift of eternal life if we will but accept it.
2. He says in His Word that the death of His saints is precious. Precious means beloved, dear, cherished, very costly or valuable. Sounds like God really does think His saints’ death is beautiful. To think that my life is held as dear and cherished and very costly to Him is amazing. Psalms 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
3. Hearing and seeing the actions of those I knew while near death shows me that death is beautiful in God’s eyes. Like what, you ask? Below are a few examples of people I know personally and there are thousands of others.
- My own daddy saying over and over – I’m going higher, I’m going to a better place, and to see his excitement and hear it in his voice makes me know that death is beautiful in God’s eyes.
- My own mama who while on her death bed closed her eyes and took her last breath upon hearing To live is Christ and to die is gain. Yes, death is beautiful in God’s eyes. It is our gain! Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
- My sweet Aunt, while nearing death sits up and proclaims, He is coming, I see Him and I know Him. When asked if He knows her, she says, He sees me and He knows me. Wow! My sheep hear my voice … How beautiful is that! John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
- Another friend’s lovely mama who last words while leaving this earth were Joy Joy Joy! Now that is beautiful. Oh the pure joy of at last seeing the Savior face to face! Will You?
4. When fall time approaches and you begin to see the beauty of the leaves and beauty of the fall colors, remember that this beauty comes right before death. The daughter of my friend who died recently was struggling with emotion, while thinking about her Mom. It was actually her preacher that said in his sermon that Death is beautiful in God’s Eyes. Autumn, with all its colors has a rich, breath taking beauty, and yet that beauty must fall into the ground and die before more beauty can come alive again.
If you know Christ and are growing in Him, then one day your life will fade away in it’s earthly beauty and you will enter into the presence of the Lord. What beauty that will be, to behold Him face to face! Yes, death is beautiful in God’s Eyes.
5. The exciting and hopeful part is that as we lose loved ones on this earth we do not sorrow as others for one day we too will experience the beauty of death in God’s eyes and we meet Him face to face and our loved ones who have gone on before us.
1 Corinthians 15:51-58 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
Are you mourning the death of a loved one? Do not lose hope. The God of all comfort will sustain you. Remember that the death of one of God’s saints is precious in His eyes – Yes, death is beautiful in God’s eyes and one day we shall rise to meet Him in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.