It’s Time To De-clutter – 5 Ways To De-clutter Your Life
How often I already feel behind before the day even starts. UGH.
Sometimes it fells as though time speeds up and I have to hurry up and get everything done that I need/want to do before I die. Of course, only God knows that day and hour.
I’m so thankful that I’m ready to meet Him. Are You?
As I look around I see so many things that I need to “De-clutter” And it’s not always my house that I need to de-clutter although there is plenty of room for that! There are times I really feel like I need to de-clutter my whole life! The Lord has showed me a few ways to help make this possible.
1. Have a time in your day where you read and meditate on God’s Word and spend time in prayer. This is where you get orders from Him and He can direct your every step. This is where God can de-clutter your heart from things or sin that would distract us from doing His will.
Psalms 119:133 Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.
Psalms 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
2. Make a daily list. There are so many places you can get some super printables for a calendar or to do list, or you can just make your own, or at least just grab a piece of paper. Mainly have a specific place to write things down that need to be done for the day. Then set those things in order by priority. In other words, have a plan and work on that plan.
1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, . . .
Psalms 71:1 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.
3. At the beginning of a new year write down your new yearly goals, Every month make new monthly goals, and every week make new weekly goals. This is something I have a hard time with. I do well at making a daily list, but often forget about setting monthly and weekly goals. Usually my goal is to just get my list done, but it would be better to have something specific to aim at each week, month and year.
1 Corinthians 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order.
4. Now, just do it! I had a teacher in college that used to say if you can’t do it, then just do it! Those really are wise words! Sometimes we need to just stop thinking about everything and just start on something. If you need to join challenges on line or follow an organizational site. Fly Lady is a very good site to help de-clutter your life. Mary Organizes is another good one and there are many more! Basically, JUST DO IT!
Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
5. Well, you are finally getting somewhere, you actually made a list and are moving along nicely, but then along comes an interruption – a phone call, a needy person, babysitting services for grandkids. Oh, how frustrating these interruptions can be!
But remember, God knows what is best. You don’t have to let these interruptions overwhelm you. Place them in the Lord’s hands and take this as part of God’s ordering your steps for that day. He may have a divine appointment for you in that interruption. Remember, you are clay in the Master potter’s hand. Let Him mold you daily to be more like the Master.
Psalms 18:32 It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect..
Jeremiah 18:6 . . . Behold, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are ye in mine hand, . . .
One can never de-clutter their life if they don’t know the Lord. Oh, it may seem like you are a great organizer or de-junker and as far as getting your home or office in order, maybe you are great at that!
But what about your heart?
Has it been de-clutterd? De-clutterd from sin that is. There is One who can de-clutter it for you and give you abundant life!