OnI’ve been so disheartened lately as I’ve heard of so many and even know personally quite a few that have fallen into what we would most likely label gross sin. I’m asking myself why is this happening? Good men, Preachers, laymen in the church are committing acts of sin that just turn my stomach. Satan is alive (Aff Link) and well and working hard in the church and in the lives of Christians every single day. He is doing all He can to destroy the name of Christ. One thing for sure – that is something HE CANNOT DO! EVER!
But the fact still remains that so many are being destroyed by allowing sin into their lives and neglecting to confess and forsake and therefore allowing their lives and the lives of their precious families to be destroyed.
In Galatians I’m told to try to restore my brother in Christ, realizing that I, myself, could do the same thing. Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
And I too, need to take heed lest I fall. 1 Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
I am reminded to pray fervently for my husband, my children, my grandchildren and those who are leading our churches every day. I need to pray that they will resist the devil, flee youthful lusts, not allow the strange woman or man for that matter to take hold of their hearts and lead them down a path of destruction.
Why does this happen? Perhaps it was because he or she allowed one little sin to enter his or her life and thought that maybe just that one little pleasure wouldn’t matter. But the fact is, one little sin grows and often grows until there is no stopping it. But it can be stopped if one is willing to allow the grace of God to convince and convict them of that sin and then be willing to confess and forsake it through the power of the Holy Spirit
Just one little sin, what harm can it do?
But give it free rein and soon there are two,
And then sinful deeds and habits ensue;
So guard well your thoughts or they’ll destroy you. —DJD
I made a little video at the end of the post (Also read The Gospel Through Videos) that clearly illustrates how one little sin entering a person’s home, can bring about utter destruction if that sin itself is not destroyed immediately.
Are you struggling with sin or are you playing around with sin. Moses himself realized that obeying God was much better than enjoying the pleasures of sin for a season. He knew that sin would ultimately bring destruction.
So what is my part:
- Stay right with God on a daily basis
- Confess and forsake any sin in my life – Ask the Lord to search my heart and see if there be any wicked way in me
- Know God’s Word and meditate on it
- Determine in my heart by God’s Grace to set no wicked thing before my eyes, (Psalms 101:3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes:) to remove temptations that might make me lust after the things of this world
- Take every opportunity to share Scripture and Examples from God’s Word with my children and grandchildren
- Pray pray pray! Pray for my family continually. Pray specifically lifting each one up to the Lord for Spiritual Protection from the one who would seek to destroy their soul. (Here are 17 ways to pray for your children and grandchildren)
- Remember to Take heed lest I, myself, fall.
- Remember to love my brothers in Christ seeking to restore them when they have been overtaken with a fault
Jesus is still the same, yesterday, today, and forever! He is still The Savior, still forgives and saves from sin, still is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. He is always willing to restore His children to fellowship with Him if they are willing to come to Him and repent of their wicked ways. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
He loves you dear friend. Don’t let the devil lead you into believing his lie that this one little sin is OK, or that it won’t last. And don’t let him deceive you into believing the lie that you are too horrible to come back to God and could never forgive the horrible things you’ve done. He can an He will. Come back to the Savior today. He is waiting with open arms.