Do you consider yourself a Prosperous Christian?
What is true prosperity? Do you consider yourself a prosperous Christian? God says that Joseph was prosperous even in bondage, even in prison, in all of his difficult circumstances – not just when things were going well.
It is obvious that Joseph’s life followed Psalm 1:
1. He was blessed for not walking in the counsel of the ungodly…
2. His delight was in God’s law – he meditated in it day and night. (although the actual law had not been given, he still had been taught obedience to God’s commands.
3. He was like a tree planted by the rivers of water – his fruit came forth in the right seasons of his life. (there was fruit through every stage that God brought him through from prison to second in rule) He did not wither; even in his hardest trials, he never withered. EVERYTHING he did prospered.
4. He realized that God knew his way and was taking him along the path that was best for his life.
Psalms 1:1-6 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
There is a song with these words:
Delight, Delight yourself in the Lord and He will show you the path you’re to take
And when trials come and we trust in the Lord, He will show us that path we’re to take.
True prosperity is delighting in God’s Word and meditating on it. This is what leads us on the right path of life.
- May the delight of my heart and the hearts of my husband, children, and grandchildren be only in the Lord and in His law.
- May we delight in meditating therein, knowing that this is what brings true prosperity and will lead us along the right path of life!
Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Friend, won’t you keep in touch so we can share more Biblical Encouragement?