How to be Truly Satisfied with Life
Satisfied with life is something that probably everyone craves. People want satisfaction. At least I know I do. There have been days that I keep thinking, what is wrong? Why do I feel so yucky? I try to think what it is that is bothering me and can’t seem to come to any conclusions. Maybe I am tired, or just need a break from my routine. Maybe I need something new or need time with friends or I know – my husband is ignoring me or I am feeling abused as a grandma. Surely these are the reasons I am not satisfied with life or life right now.
And then there are so many things “out there” that distract and try to get my attention, things that will surely make me happy, things that tell me I will be satisfied with life if I do this, have this, try this.
But when I am honest with myself I finally realize that to be truly satisfied with life is to see Jesus through His Word each day and let Him fill me and use me for His glory.
So How is one satisfied with Life?
Mark 8:4-9 And his disciples answered him, From whence can a man satisfy these men with bread here in the wilderness? And he asked them, How many loaves have ye? And they said, Seven. And he commanded the people to sit down on the ground: and he took the seven loaves, and gave thanks, and brake, and gave to his disciples to set before them; and they did set them before the people. And they had a few small fishes: and he blessed, and commanded to set them also before them. So they did eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets. And they that had eaten were about four thousand: and he sent them away.
14 ways to be satisfied with life
1. Hunger for the Bread of Life. Often when I am in a “wilderness” I am unsatisfied with life. The Israelites were often unsatisfied as they traveled throught the wilderness, but if they had looked at what God had done for them and how He continually provided they could have been satisfied. All this to say that In reality I am hungry for the bread of Life. Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.
2. Realize that Jesus never leaves me and always has compassion on me. He will never send me away hungry although I can choose to go away hungry.
3.Be assured that there is always something to eat (spiritual food) if I am willing to stay in the presence of Jesus. Perhaps some of these people did go away physically hungry thinking there would be nothing to eat if they stayed. Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
4. Realize that He will satisfy me even when I am in a wilderness time. Even as a follower of Jesus, I often question, how can I be satisfied in the wilderness? Mark 8:4 And his disciples answered him, From whence can a man satisfy these men with bread here in the wilderness? Amazing, Jesus satisfied everyone in the wilderness with all that they needed and He will satisfy me even when I am in a wilderness time.
5.Remember Jesus always knows what we need. He doesn’t ask us what will satisfy us, but just has readily available what is best for our satisfaction. Jesus never asked anyone if they wanted to be satisfied with bread, but instead immediately took the bread that was available and gave thanks first of all for it.
6. Don’t forget to give thanks first of all for the bread of life that is so readily available to all of us on a daily basis and then ask God to bless it to my soul?
7. Realize that our completion is in Jesus alone. There were seven loaves of bread in this passage. This is the number of completion. We are complete in Him. Jesus is the bread of life and He alone gives full satisfaction.
8. Know that Jesus will fill us daily with the bread of life and there will always be plenty left over. He commanded the people to sit down and those that obeyed were filled; not only were they filled, but they was some left over.
9. Take advantage of the fact that The Bread of Life is never depleted. We may be full for a while, but when hunger hits again we can go back for more. Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
10. Tell everyone that Jesus can feed as many who are willing to come to Him. Isn’t it a glorious feeling when you have told someone about the Savior? He is not willing that any should perish. It is His desire to fill everyone with the bread of life, but the choice is mine as to whether or not I want that filling.
11. You can have fullness in Christ. There were many unsaved people who received physical fullness, yet went away spiritually hungry. They let Christ fill them with physical bread, but rejected the Bread of heaven.
12. Go to Jesus; He is beckoning you. How often Jesus beckons me to come, sit down, be filled, be satisfied, but instead I choose to go away hungry.
13. Let the Bread of Life keep you from hungering and thirsting in your soul. Otherwise, depriving yourself of this will often makes one irritable and grouchy, or faint and tired and can affect many others around us.
14. Let the Bread of Life be your joy and strength and bring daily revival to your soul. Being filled gives joy and strength beyond measure and also will affect those around me.
For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven,
and giveth life unto the world.
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life:
he that cometh to me shall never hunger;
and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.