God’s love is so great that we cannot comprehend it! God is love and we love Him because He first loved us. Without God, there would be no love.
There are many verses which tell of God’s love, but here are 10 specific verses on how He shows us His great love. These are verses that would be great to share with your grandchildren while helping them to know Biblical Truths.
1. Psalms 36:5 Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.
- How vast the heavens are! How high the clouds are! Yet, God’s mercy, His unfailing love reaches far beyond the heavens and the clouds!
2. Matthew 23:37 . . . how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, . . .
- Just as a hen gathers her chicks and protects them under her wings so God in His great love wants to do the same for us if we allow it.
3. Psalms 5:11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
- Rejoice and shout for joy in the fact that God defends us; He protects us! I don’t think we realize how much this happens over and over. What love!
4. Psalms 68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.
- Because of His love for us, he became our Savior, our helper, and daily provides so many blessings.
5. Psalms 27:5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
- It is because of His great love that He is our hiding place. He keeps us during troublesome times.
6. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- He alone can forgive sins! What an awesome blessing! What great love!
7. Isaiah 40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
- He’s the Shepherd of Love, our Savior, Our Lord, Our guide and we can be forever by His side
8. Jeremiah 31:25 For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.
- Are you tired, weak, weary? Come to the Savior – He gives rest and refreshment to the weary soul. He is our satisfaction. Do you know a great love than this?
9. Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
- My God is right here with me and He rejoices over me with singing! Oh how He loves!
10. Luke 18:16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
- Jesus never excludes the little ones! Jesus loves the little children all the children of the world. Little ones like me, sat upon His knee – Jesus allowed the children to come to Him. As His child He wants us to come to Him, first of all for salvation and daily for our needs to be met.
There is a little book that portrays the love of God to children. BookCrash gave me a complimentary copy in return for my review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
Book: “So Great A Love” (aff. link)
Author: Kristie Wilde – The author is a mother and grandmother who enjoys adventures with children. She loves to use her experience with nature, and her love for the Lord to write children’s books.
Description: Does God really love me? This book answers this question by exploring the animal world and discovering examples of God’s love all around us.
It is part of a series called the Joyful Creation Series.
It’s easy to read and one that a small child could even pick up and read on his/her own. The pictures are lovely and she gives the Scriptures that she used in the back of the book. These are the same Scriptures that you see at the top of this post.
You can get a copy of the book here (affiliate link)
Biblical Encouragement is important for everyone of all ages.
During these days, we need to edify one another through the Word of God. I hope you’ll join me