Pray for your grandchildren every day! Hopefully our prayers for our children and grandchildren are not just bless so and so, but may we ask the Lord to work in their lives according to what His Word says.
As I daily walk the paths of life which are full of God’s mercy, grace, and truth, I am aware more and more of how important it is to be a praying grandma.
I have 21 grandchildren. I found out the meanings to all their names and now I pray accordingly based on God’s Word. Anyone can do this!
21 Prayers for my Grandchildren
1. Beautiful – ” So shall the king greatly desire they beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him.” (Ps. 45:11) I ask the Lord to mature my grandchildren into beautiful people who love and serve the Lord with all their hearts. It is my prayer that they will be kept from what the world tells them is beautiful and instead be a beautiful person for the Lord, worshiping Him only.
2. Chief/helmeted head – Pray that each grandchild will put on the helmet of Salvation and let Jesus Christ be their righteousness. Pray the will seek to serve Him only and realize that the head of every man is Christ. Pray they will be humble and let the Lord be the lifter up of their head (I Cr. 11:3)
3. Chief/Servant – Pray each grandchild will have a servant’s heart and that his/her desire will be to the Lord first. May he/she serve others first by planting seeds of gospel into hearts and being patient with the Lord’s timing.
4. Victorious – Pray that your grandchildren will overcome the world – the victory that overcomes the world is our faith in the Lord. Pray for victory over fears and apprehensions and that they will entrust all to the Lord.
5. Crown of glory/Royal diadem – I pray my grandchildren will live as royal princes and princesses in God’s royal family. Upon salvation they are children of the King of kings. May they realize they are adopted into His royal family and develop the true qualities accordingly.
6. Courage/bravery – Prayers for my grandchildren are that they will be courageous and brave for the Lord, May they be strong and of good courage, not afraid, or dismayed realizing that God is with them wherever they go. (Joshua 1:9)
7. Jehovah is Salvation – May God have mercy on my grandchildren and save every one of them. Help them to know at a young age that he/she is a sinner and needs a Savior and that Savior is Jesus alone. I pray they will know His salvation and that He is their deliverer. He delivers from sin, He delivers from temptations, He delivers us in our time of need.
8. God is in the midst – Oh that my grandchildren will allow God to always be in the midst of them. May they shine forth the light of the gospel to all those around.
9. Strong One – Do you have a strong willed grandchild? I do – more than one! I’m blessed to see some of them growing strong in the Lord which is a wonderful answer to prayer. I pray they will always be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus (2 Tim. 2:1) I pray all my grandchildren will put on the whole armor of God and never rely upon their own strength.
10. Strength – This is similar to strong one. I ask the Lord to help my grandchildren to always remember that their strength(s) come from the Lord. May they develop strong points in their life according to His will. Psalm 18:1 I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
11. Bold – It’s my desire that my grandchildren will be bold in their love and witness for the Lord. I’m asking the Lord to help them never to fear to proclaim the Word of God. Proverbs 28:1 . . . the righteous are bold as a lion. Act 4:29 And now, Lord, . . . grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word.
12. True/Truthful – Proverbs 3:3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart. May every grandchild believe that God only has the Truth. May they write it on their hearts and know it so that they in turn can always be ready to give an answer to every one who asks the reason for their hope.
13. Daughter of the Lord – I request of the Lord that my grandchildren will realize that favor is deceitful and beauty is vain. May they instead fear the Lord and depart from the ways of the world. May the Lord grant that they never get caught up in vanity, knowing that man in his best state is altogether vanity and that true satisfaction comes only from the Lord.
14. Praised/God is known – May the hearts and mouths of my grandchildren always be filled with praise to the Lord. May others see and know that God is know in their lives.
15. Associated with God – Put it in the hearts of my grandchildren to draw near to God and He in turn will draw near to them. As they do so let others see that they are associated with God and may they desired to be associated with Him all the days of their lives.
16. Delight/Pleasure – My petition of the Lord is for these precious children to always delight in Him and find pleasure in living for Him. One day we will all find that there are pleasures forevermore in glory with the Lord.
17. God’s Gift – I want my grandchildren to know that they are God’s Gift. Everyone of them is valuable in the sight of God. May they realize the every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from he Father of lights (James 1:17) Open their eyes to the fact that no good thing will the Lord withhold from them who walk uprightly.
18. Complete/Mature – I want my grandchildren to grow in grace and in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. They need to know that they are complete in Him alone. May they mature daily in their walk with the Lord and stand perfect and complete in the will of God (Col. 4:12)
19. Solid/Firm – I’m requesting of the Lord that my grandchildren stand solid and firm upon the Rock of their Salvation. May they first of all be saved, plucked from the miry clay and put on the Rock of Jesus Christ, the firm foundation. Then may they be strong Christians, putting on God’s armor and always on guard against the trickery of the devil.
20. Cassia/Sweet Scented Spice – May my grandchildren be a sweet savor to God and may that sweet smell be an attraction to those who need the Lord. May they realize that God has appointed them, and may they desire to devote and consecrate themselves to God.
21. God sees/God sees me – Make my grandchildren conscious of the fact that God sees them and knows all about them. There is nothing they can hide from God. It is my prayer that they will know that the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous and his ears are open to their prayers.
So there you have it – 21 prayers and these I pray every day.
It’s a great way to pray for your children and/or grandchildren. Try it! Why not ask God to direct you as you pray for each one of them. I’d love to hear about some of yours.
Or if you want, you can use these 21 prayers. When we’re in the Word of God, there is so much to pray for one another.
IF you want to sign up for an occasional email drop your information below. Thank you.