I HAVE TWO BIRTHDAY! – Do You? and 70 Reasons Why I Love the Lord!
Two birthdays? Yes, I have two birthdays. My first one was August of 1952. I can’t remember the exact date of my second one, but I was 8 years old when I was born again. Do you have two birthdays? Have you been born again. What a blessing to be given life from God and what a greater blessing to know that you’ve been born again. He gives us so many reasons to love Him!
The list could go on forever. My prayer is that anyone who reads this will come to know the Lord and His great love for them or that he/she already knows God and is seeking to love Him with all their being.
August is my birthday month
August is my physical birthday month, but I had a second birthday years ago. Yes I was born again, that is I was born spiritually into God’s family and each year I want to add a reason why I love the Lord. I believe there are too many to write. When I was a little girl (read my testimony here) I was born into the Family of God. Everyone needs to be born into God’s family in order to have life eternal. Words can never express my gratitude to the Savior for adopting me into His family and allowing me to be called one of His children. Isn’t God’s grace amazing! Amazing Grace that could give me new birth and save a wretch like me.
To think that the Lord saved me and keeps me is beyond my comprehension! I am so filled with awe and gratitude to my Lord! There are so many reasons to love the Lord. I cannot think of one reason why the Lord would want to love me, but I am so thankful that He does. He only is our HOPE. I have been so overwhelmed with the Lord’s love for me that I felt like I needed to share it with others. If you don’t know the Lord, please don’t delay. You will never regret His love for you.
This year (2022) I am 70 years old!
Can that really be? It seems just yesterday that we celebrated my dad’s 70th birthday. Now he celebrates in heaven. I can still hear him saying “I’m living on borrowed time”. He was referring to Psalm 90:10.
Seventy years are given to us!
Some even live to eighty.
But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble;
soon they disappear, and we fly away. (NLT)
He repeatedly said I’m going higher very soon and he was always looking forward to that day. It came so quickly and it will come quickly for any of us. In reality, none of us have a promise of the next breath we take. I hope you are ready for heaven and that you today love the Lord with all your heart.
70 Reasons Why I Love The Lord (2022)
- He first loved me.
- He sent His only begotten son to die in my place.
- He forgives all my sin.
- He saved me by His shed blood.
- He has never left nor forsaken me.
- He is ever merciful and His mercies are new every morning.
- He gives grace in the time of need.
- He is my creator.
- He allows me to come boldly before the throne of grace anytime, day or night.
- He is my strength.
- He supplies all my need.
- He gives me my heart’s desires.
- He gives exceeding abundant above all that I ask or think.
- He is my protector.
- He is my shepherd.
- He has given me eternal life.
- He convicts me and chastens me.
- He comforts me.
- He speaks to me through His Word.
- He satisfies my every longing.
- He is my deliverer.
- He loves righteousness and leads me in the paths of righteousness.
- He puts a song in my heart.
- He has made me a new creature.
- He has given me a godly husband and godly children.
- He has blessed me materially and gone way above my needs.
- He hears and answers prayer.
- He has given me His beautiful creation to enjoy.
- He is always in control.
- He keeps all His promises.
- He is all wise and gives me wisdom and understanding.
- He gives perfect peace.
- He controls the storms of life.
- He stills the winds and waves – He controls the weather.
- He gives unity among the brethren.
- He has blessed me with a Christian Fellowship.
- He is the almighty God.
- He is Emmanuel – God with us.
- He is no respecter of persons.
- He has given me the privilege of being His son, allowing me to call Him Abba, Father.
- He is holy.
- He left all the riches of glory, humbled Himself, came to earth as a man and became a servant.
- He had a passion for souls from the poorest to the richest, from the sickliest to the healthiest.
- He will continue to perform a good work in me until the day of Jesus Christ.
- He is the way, the truth, and the life.
- He establishes my heart as unblamable in holiness before God!
- He indwells me.
- He wants all men to be saved.
- He alone has immortality.
- He can keep me from falling and presents me faultless before His presence.
- He is with me in the trying and mundane times.
- He is always good
- His mercy and grace extends to measures I cannot even know.
- He fights for me, I just need be still.
- He knows me, every single little tiniest minute thing, He knows it all!
- He will never leave me in my old age.
- He is not a respecter of persons. We are all the same – ALL LIVES MATTER from the unborn to the elderly, no matter what color your skin is.
- He is the author and finisher of my faith. He knows the beginning all the way to the end.
- There is no fear in death. Death is the gate to heaven and Jesus holds the key. It is just a shadow that will usher me to the King of kings.
- He can furnish a table even during wilderness times. He will lead me all the way.
- He will end all wickedness one day.
- He has the answer to any of life’s questions.
- He has sealed me until the day of redemption
- Flowers and birds and fragrances and all creation were all brought about by Him and for our enjoyment
- He thinks about me ALL THE TIME!
- He has riches for us far beyond the wealth of anything in this world
- He will forever end sin, suffering and sorrow.
- He is not willing that any should perish.
- He is the same yesterday, today, and forever
- He brings complete joy and satisfaction.
AND THE LIST GOES ON!
As I update this post from year to year, I am simply amazed at how fast the time flies, or as one said, “Time isn’t flying, we are flying through time” Isn’t that true? I want people everywhere to think, to listen, to realize, that LIFE. IS. A. VAPOR. It is not just like a vapor, but it is a vapor! It appears for a little while and then vanishes away!
What are you going to do with that little while? Are you going to spend your days seeking worldly pleasures or are you going to choose to love the Lord God with all your heart and set you affections on things above? Time is short and we will soon be on this earth no more. Please, please make sure you Know the Lord as Savior and then spend your days in ways that are pleasing to Him, doing what lasts for eternity.
GREAT AND MARVELOUS ARE HIS WORKS!
Revelation 15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.
70 years in the Lord are not even a speck compared to all eternity! God is good – always! What can you add to the list? Share what great things the Lord has done for you.
And He has given ABUNDANT LIFE FOR ALL!
You can join the community for Christian Encouragement by Clicking Here.
This is a GREAT idea! God bless you, fifty years in the Lord – wow.