61 Reasons Why I Love the Lord
This is my birthday month, but I had a second birthday years ago and each year I want to add a reason why I love the Lord. I believe there are too many to write. When I was a little girl (read my testimony here) I was born into the Family of God. Everyone needs to be born into God’s family in order to have life eternal. Words can never express my gratitude to the Savior for adopting me into His family and allowing me to be called one of His children. Isn’t God’s grace amazing! Amazing Grace that could give me new birth and save a wretch like me.
To think that the Lord saved me and keeps me is beyond my comprehension! I am so filled with awe and gratitude to my Lord! There are so many reasons to love the Lord. I cannot think of one reason why the Lord would want to love me, but I am so thankful that He does. He only is our HOPE. I have been so overwhelmed with the Lord’s love for me that I felt like I needed to share it with others. If you don’t know the Lord, please don’t delay. You will never regret His love for you.
61 Reasons Why I Love The Lord (2021)
- He first loved me.
- He sent His only begotten son to die in my place.
- He forgives all my sin.
- He saved me by His shed blood.
- He has never left nor forsaken me.
- He is ever merciful and His mercies are new every morning.
- He gives grace in the time of need.
- He is my creator.
- He allows me to come boldly before the throne of grace anytime, day or night.
- He is my strength.
- He supplies all my need.
- He gives me my heart’s desires.
- He gives exceeding abundant above all that I ask or think.
- He is my protector.
- He is my shepherd.
- He has given me eternal life.
- He convicts me and chastens me.
- He comforts me.
- He speaks to me through His Word.
- He satisfies my every longing.
- He is my deliverer.
- He loves righteousness and leads me in the paths of righteousness.
- He puts a song in my heart.
- He has made me a new creature.
- He has given me a godly husband and godly children.
- He has blessed me materially and gone way above my needs.
- He hears and answers prayer.
- He has given me His beautiful creation to enjoy.
- He is always in control.
- He keeps all His promises.
- He is all wise and gives me wisdom and understanding.
- He gives perfect peace.
- He controls the storms of life.
- He stills the winds and waves – He controls the weather.
- He gives unity among the brethren.
- He has blessed me with a Christian Fellowship.
- He is the almighty God.
- He is Emmanuel – God with us.
- He is no respecter of persons.
- He has given me the privilege of being His son, allowing me to call Him Abba, Father.
- He is holy.
- He left all the riches of glory, humbled Himself, came to earth as a man and became a servant.
- He had a passion for souls from the poorest to the richest, from the sickliest to the healthiest.
- He will continue to perform a good work in me until the day of Jesus Christ.
- He is the way, the truth, and the life.
- He establishes my heart as unblamable in holiness before God!
- He indwells me.
- He wants all men to be saved.
- He alone has immortality.
- He can keep me from falling and presents me faultless before His presence.
- He is with me in the trying and mundane times.
- He is always good
- His mercy and grace extends to measures I cannot even know.
- He fights for me, I just need be still.
- He knows me, every single little tiniest minute thing, He knows it all!
- He will never leave me in my old age.
- He is not a respecter of persons. We are all the same – ALL LIVES MATTER from the unborn to the elderly, no matter what color your skin is.
- He is the author and finisher of my faith. He knows the beginning all the way to the end.
- There is no fear in death. Death is the gate to heaven and Jesus holds the key. It is just a shadow that will usher me to the King of kings
- He can furnish a table even during wilderness times. He will lead me all the way.
- He will end all wickedness one day
AND THE LIST GOES ON!
As I update this post from year to year, I am simply amazed at how fast the time flies, or as one said, “Time isn’t flying, we are flying through time” Isn’t that true? I want people everywhere to think, to listen, to realize, that LIFE. IS. A. VAPOR. It is not just like a vapor, but it is a vapor! It appears for a little while and then vanishes away!
What are you going to to with that little while? Are you going to spend your days seeking worldly pleasures or are you going to choose to love the Lord God with all your heart and set you affections on things above? Time is short and we will soon be on this earth no more. Please, please make sure you Know the Lord as Savior and then spend your days in ways that are pleasing to Him, doing what lasts for eternity.
GREAT AND MARVELOUS ARE HIS WORKS!
Revelation 15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.
61 years in the Lord are not even a speck compared to all eternity! God is good – always! What can you add to the list? Share what great things the Lord has done for you.
And He has given ABUNDANT LIFE FOR ALL!