64 Reasons why I love the Lord
There are so many reasons to love the Lord
This is my birthday month, but I had a second birthday years ago and each year I want to add a reason why I love the Lord. I believe there are too many to write. When I was a little girl I was born into the Family of God. Everyone needs to be born into God’s family in order to have life eternal. Words can never express my gratitude to the Savior for adopting me into His family and allowing me to be called one of His children. Isn’t God’s grace amazing! Amazing Grace that could give me new birth and save a wretch like me.
As I update this post from year to year, I am simply amazed at how fast the time flies, or as one said, “Time isn’t flying, we are flying through time” Isn’t that true? I want people everywhere to think, to listen, to realize, that LIFE. IS. A. VAPOR. It is not just like a vapor, but it is a vapor! It appears for a little while and then vanishes away!
James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
What are you going to to with that little while? Are you going to spend your days seeking worldly pleasures or are you going to choose to love the Lord God with all your heart and set you affections on things above? Time is short and we will soon be on this earth no more. Please, please make sure you Know the Lord as Savior and then spend your days in ways that are pleasing to Him, doing what lasts for eternity.
55 Reasons Why I Love the Lord
- He first loved me.
- He sent His only begotten son to die in my place.
- He forgives all my sin
- He saved me by His shed blood
- He has never left nor forsaken me.
- He is ever merciful and His mercies are new every morning.
- He gives grace in the time of need.
- He is my creator.
- He allows me to come boldly before the throne of grace anytime, day or night.
- He is my strength.
- He supplies all my need.
- He gives me my heart’s desires.
- He gives exceeding abundant above all that I ask or think.
- He is my protector.
- He is my shepherd.
- He has given me eternal life.
- He convicts me and chastens me.
- He comforts me.
- He speaks to me through His Word.
- He satisfies my every longing.
- He is my deliverer.
- He loves righteousness and leads me in the paths of righteousness.
- He puts a song in my heart.
- He has made me a new creature.
- He has given me a godly husband and godly children.
- He has blessed me materially and gone way above my needs.
- He hears and answers prayer. (aff. link – disclosure)
- He has given me His beautiful creation to enjoy.
- He always in control.
- He keeps all His promises.
- He is all wise and gives me wisdom and understanding.
- He gives perfect peace.
- He stills the storms of life.
- He stills the winds and waves – He controls the weather.
- He gives unity among the brethren.
- He has blessed me with a good church.
- I am privileged to hear good Bible preaching.
- I am blessed with godly friends.
- He is the almighty God.
- He is Emmanuel – God with us.
- He is no respecter of persons.
- He has given me the privilege of being His son, allowing me to call Him Abba, Father.
- He is holy.
- He left all the riches of glory, humbled Himself, came to earth as a man and became a servant.
- He had a passion for souls from the poorest to the richest, from the sickliest to the healthiest.
- He will continue to perform a good work in me until the day of Jesus Christ.
- He is the way, the ONLY way to heaven.
- He is the truth and I am privileged to have that truth with me to read day after day
- He is the life – In His favor is life and He gives life everlasting.
- He establishes my heart as unblamable in holiness before God!
- He indwells me.
- He wants all men to be saved.
- He alone has immortality.
- He can keep me from falling into sin.
- He will present me faultless before His presence.
- He knows everything about me, but still loves me.
- He has prepared a place for me eternal in the sky.
- He calls me His friend.
- He shows us what the Father is doing.
- He has made me an heir of God.
- His Word is continually fresh and relevant.
- He is all I need.
- He loads me daily with benefits.
- He is my supreme example in manifesting the fruits of the Spirit.
What can you add to the list? Share what great things the Lord has done for you.