Yeah, it’s back to school time.
This post contains affiliate links to products I use and products I would recommend. If you purchase through one of my links this means I may earn a small commission but it will not make a difference in your prices. DISCLOSURE
Back to School with the Lord and why I should look forward to it
1. Just as going back to school each year is a fresh start, every day in the Word of God is fresh. God is a God of second chances and third and fourth and onto infinity – He gives us a fresh start whenever we are ready to come to Him. Psalms 34:11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
2. Just as it is fun to get new clothes for back to school, it is a blessing to have your mind renewed daily and walk in the newness of life Ephesians 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
3. Just as it is exciting to go into a new grade with a new teacher, it is great to win the victory in a spiritual battle and graduate into the next issue of life. Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
4. Just as it is fun to unite with friends after summer break, it is wonderful to be with the best friend of all, Jesus, a genuine friend who will never fail us nor forsake us. Proverbs 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
5. Just as it is exciting to go to the store and buy all your new school supplies (Aff. Link) for back to school, it is exciting to be equipped to live a godly life through all the supplies that God gives you through His Word. Oh the wealth of supplies that are stored up for us that we can access freely. Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
6. Just as students may enjoy learning in their new class when going back to school , we too can enjoy learning from God’s Word. 1 John 1:4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
7. Just as students may have a class they dread or do not excel in, we must realize that there will be days and times of trial, lessons that we don’t excel in, but if we look to the Great Teacher He will bring us through those dreaded times and help us to excel. Psalms 119:71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.
8. Just as students look forward to recess or lunch, we can look forward to exercising our faith through our belief in what God tells us; We can look forward to the meat of the Word which nourishes us and we can enjoy the sweetness of His Word. Psalms 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
9. Just as the newness of back to school wears off and the year goes on and students begin to get weary or are ready for the year to end so they can have a rest, we too can rest in the Lord, we can cast all our care on Him, we can come to Him with our heavy burdens for He has promised rest. Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
10.Just as students eagerly look forward to the day they will no longer have to go back to school, but instead their schooling is complete and they are ready to graduate into a new phase of life, we too can look forward to the day we graduate from this sinful body and this sinful world into our glorious home in heaven to live forevermore with not only the greatest teacher, but our Savior and Lord who gave himself a ransom for all. Psalms 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Back to school?
I am glad He does not give up on me. I am glad He is patient and kind and when I fail, He does not say, too bad, you will just never make it, but instead continues to lovingly teach, train, and guide until I can one day say “VICTORY! I finally get it! I have passed the test!”
Oh the Love of Jesus! How can we not want to sit under His teaching?
Join myself and others for Biblical Encouragement in your inbox