Thanksgiving and Praise To God – Because of God’s Mercy, We Are Not Consumed!
Are you aware of God’s mercy? Do you realize that if it wasn’t for God’s mercy every single one of us would be consumed? Have you given thanks to God today for His everlasting mercy, His steadfast love, His unfailing kindness? I have to admit that I don’t thank Him enough.
There are days when I am overwhelmed with the mercy of God. For mercies so great, what return can I make? For mercies so constant and sure! Really, there is nothing I can do to deserve this mercy, but I can love and serve Him all the days of my life.
These are troublesome times and people are looking for answers. Look to Jesus! He’s the answer. He is ever merciful and has given His only begotten Son so that I need not perish in my sins.
Have you accepted God’s merciful gift? It is the gift of all gifts and it is yours for believing.
Lamentations 3 – God’s Mercy
- We are not consumed because of God’s mercy.v22
- God is always faithful bringing fresh mercies every single morning.v23
- God is my portion. He alone is all I need. My hope is in Him. He is my inheritance. Wow! I can be an heir of God.v24
- He is good to those who seek Him.v25 If you are His child, you ought to seek Him every day. (Free devotional book here)
- Are you grieving right now? Are you fighting depression, anxiety, during troublesome days? Are you lonely? God has compassion according to the multitude of His mercies.v32 Did you pay attention to the word multitude; in case you don’t know that means numerous, many, abundance, mass, etc. Do I miss so many of His mercies because I’m too focused on my grief?
- His mercy is so great, so why do we complain when we get punished?V33-39
- This should be my response:
Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the Lord. Let us lift up our heart with our hands unto God in the heavens. v40-41
I’m so glad I can turn again to Him and again and again and again and He never turns me away. He always and lovingly gives me a fresh start. What mercy, what love and what grace! Have you thanked Him today?