Books To Fall For
Isn’t fall a wonderful time to start a new Bible Study, pick up a new devotional book or just to snuggle up with a book? Below are some of my favorite books, most of them kindle format, but many of them you can probably get in paperback or hard back. So take a look a find some books to fall for.
Books to Fall For this Fall Season:
1. Bible Study Books:
Make sure your time with the Lord is first and foremost. We all need to fall in love with God's Word more and more.
- The "BE SERIES by Warren Wiersbe is an excellent series for study. Sometimes you can score one of these for free. If you follow my Facebook page, I ususally will share free books that come across my path.
- Gleanings in Proverbs is another great book. It has been a whole year's Bible study for me. Proverbs is the book that basically lies out the way for Christians to live on a daily basis.
- A Place of Quiet Rest: by Nancy Leigh DeMoss - Finding Intimacy with God Through a Daily Devotional Life and a couple more by her: Adorned and Lies Women Believe
2. Books on Prayer:
How's your prayer life? Need some new life to it? Start this fall to enrich it with insight from these books on prayer.
- How I Know God Answers Prayer The Personal Testimony of One Life-Time Rosalind Goforth
- The Prayer that Makes a Difference Oma Van Gelderen walked by faith and not by sight as she grew to understand the witness of the Holy Spirit as a fact of knowledge and not a feeling. She knew neither fame nor fortune, yet God used her prayer life to make a profound difference.
- Prayer 101 by Warren Wiersbe Dr. Warren Wiersbe addresses many questions about prayer and gives practical tools for incorporating prayer into our lives
- The Kneeling Christian by Albert Richardson "Why are many Christians often defeated? Because they pray so little. Why do most Christians see so few brought out of darkness to light by their ministry? Because they pray so little. Why are our churches simply not on fire for God? Because there is so little real prayer."
- Praying Hyde He came to be called "Praying Hyde" for his passionate prayers to reach lost souls.
I guess biographies are my all time favorite. I love true stories. I especially love to hear missionary stories or stories of the holocaust or of those who endured much and yet were victorious.
- Rescue the Captors
- Incidents in the Life of a slave girl
- Son of Hamas
- Captive in Iran: A Remarkable True Story of Hope and Triumph amid the Horror of Tehran's Brutal Evin Prison
- Rose's Journey: A Christian in the Holocaust
- Hiding in the Light: Why I Risked Everything to Leave Islam and Follow Jesus
- My People, the Amish: The True Story of an Amish Father and Son
- The Greater Inheritance by Mary Schrock: Autobiography: Mary and her husband were born and raised in the Amish lifestyle and traditions in which they lived for 26 years. After living in fear of eternity, and experiencing many broken family ties and friendships, she now tells others how to find a lasting peace, joy and freedom in the Lord. With a compassion for her people, Mary shares the true story of her family's traumatic journey to the Truth.
- John G. Paton, Missionary to the New Hebrides: An Autobiography
- Forward in the Face of Fear: My Life for Christ in the Muslim World
- Sometime I prefer to Fuss: These are the experiences of Verda and Larry Peet as missionaries in Northern Thailand. Their adventures learning to accept her life as a missionary include great stories about cultural adjustments and daily frustrations of missionary life
- Out of Mormonism: A woman's True Story
- Trapped in Hitler's Hell: A Young Jewish Girl Discovers the Messiah's Faithfulness in the Midst of the Holocaust by Anita Dittman: Another favorite - if you like to read about the holocaust then this is a must read. Anita Dittman was just a little girl when the winds of Nazism and Hitler's coming Holocaust began to blow through Germany. Raised by her Jewish mother, she came to believe that Jesus was her Messiah at eight years old. By the time she was ten, the war had begun.
- SEAL of God A Journey of a man through the grueling Naval Ops training and onto the streets of Iraq, where he witnessed the horrors of war up close. He shares his own radical conversion story and talks about how he draws on his own experiences as a SEAL to help others better understand the depths of Christ’s sacrifice and love.
- C. T. Studd: Cricketer & Pioneer: A Missionary Biography
Books on Abuse and Human Trafficking:
We hear so much about this now and it is so real. It seems to be everywhere. How do we deal with it.
- Stolen Series - "In Kimberly Rae's novel Stolen Woman, she juxtaposes the natural beauty of Kolkata, India, with the insidious evil slithering under darkness on street corners where women are sold to the highest bidder. Rae's message of hope and the education the novel provides should open our eyes to an issue which can no longer be ignored and needs everyone's efforts to eradicate."
- The Broken Series Human Trafficking can Hide in a Small Town: This series brings to light difficult subject matter and gives solutions for healing from pain and trauma through the eyes of the victims....You won't be able to put these down. Please, please, please read these and pray about what you can do to get involved. This is a very real subject today! Included in the series:
Books for children and grandchildren:
Do you have children or grandchildren who love to read? I have several and they are always wanting a new book.