Christian, Are You Living By Jesus’ Example?
Christian, Are you living by Jesus’ Example for it is the best way to live your Christian Life? One could never tell all the lessons that we can learn from the life of Jesus because there are so many. As I was reading and studying my Bible in Luke 4, I was simply amazed at all I could learn in just the first 21 verses about the life of Jesus. How awesome to think that He, the very Son of God, was tempted in all points like us and therefore can feel for us when we are tempted. Oh, how He loves us and how privileged we are to bring our requests daily to the throne of grace.
Are you living by Jesus’ Example?
Below are 15 lessons that I have seen from the life of Jesus taken from Luke 4:1-21. What an example He left us, for Jesus’ example is the greatest example of all! As one reads the Scripture, it ought to be a goal to see Jesus throughout all of God’s Word for it is He alone that hath the Words of eternal Life.
15 Examples from the Life of Jesus
1. Jesus was full of the Holy Spirit. Walk in the Spirit as the Word of God commands. v1
2. Jesus was led by the Spirit – Let the Holy Spirit lead you on a daily basis. v1
3. Jesus was led into the wilderness. Where is the Spirit leading you today? Be willing to go, to follow Him no matter where it is? v1
4. Jesus fasted 40 days and then became hungry. It was then He was tempted. When when we are physically weak, that is often when the devil comes to tempt us. v2
5. Jesus was talked to by the devil. Yes, the devil is a real person and may be talking to you right now. Be sure to know who he is so that you can refute him? He loves to come and tell us lies and base those lies on God’s Word. Jesus knew who the devil was and He knew what to say to him. v3
6. Jesus was ready with an answer from God’s Word. Spend time getting to know the Lord through His Word and be ready with an answer when the devil tempts. v4
7. Jesus knew who the devil was even though he quoted Scripture. v10 Pay attention to who is quoting Scripture to you. There are many false prophets who claim to know Jesus and can quote Scripture and say the right words. Ask God to give you discernment and be ready to say Get behind me Satan …
8. Jesus rebuked the devil every time with an answer from God’s Word. Finally the devil departed from Him, but only for a season. Beware! The devil will not give up. He will always come back. v13
9. Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit. Knowing God’s Word and resisting the devil will give you power in the Spirit. Jesus delights in giving you the gift of the Spirit’s power. v14
10.Jesus became known throughout all the region. He taught others in the synagogue and everyone glorified Him. Be filled with the Spirit! Others will know it. Teach others in your church and those round about you and as you bring glory to the Lord Jesus, others also will glorify Him. v14
11.Jesus’ custom was to go to the synagogue on the Sabbath day. v16 This ought to be the custom of every Christian, that is to be with fellow believers, teaching and admonishing one another in the love of God, and bringing glory to the Lord Jesus.
12.Jesus taught God’s Word. v17 Teach God’s Word and not your own or man’s ideas. What a difference it made when it was Jesus quoting Scripture and not the devil. The Word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any two edged sword…
13.Jesus told His purpose on earth. His purpose was to preach the gospel to the poor, heal the broken-hearted, preach deliverance to the captives, and recover sight to the blind and set at liberty them that are bruised, and to preach the acceptable year of the Lord. v18 Our purpose in life ought to be that we glorify God in all that we say or do. Our purpose ought to be to spread the good news of Jesus Christ, the Gospel, letting others know that He died for the sins of the world.
15.Jesus shut the book and sat down, letting others know that Scripture had been fulfilled before their eyes. v21 They had seen the Savior. It was now up to them to choose whether or not to believe. After speaking/sharing God’s Word, then let it speak for itself; let God work through His Word so that others will follow Him and not a man. Through God’s Word others can see the love of Christ and how gracious He is! It will cause some to get angry and turn away and it will cause some to receive their Spiritual sight and accept Jesus.
After reading and studying God’s Word, pay attention to Jesus’ examples for Christian Living, for it is about Him that the book was written and it is in His life that we should find a pattern for living. All eyes should be fastened on Him and a Christian’s heart ought to desire to meditate on the truths of God’s Word.
What life lessons have you learned from Him? Are you living by Jesus’ example?
John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.
You Can Subscribe below to receive Biblical Encouragement in your Inbox