Consider Your Ways
Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways (Haggai 1:5). How often to you consider your ways?
Lord, help me to listen and obey when you tell us to consider your ways . Help my ways to be your ways and to be pleasing to You.
Are my ways pleasing to the Lord?
Psalms 37:5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
2. Have I allowed His ways to be my ways obeying His every command?
2 Samuel 22:22 For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
1 Kings 2:3 And keep the charge of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself:
1 Kings 8:58 That he may incline our hearts unto him, to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and his statutes, and his judgments, which he commanded our fathers.
3. Have I behaved myself wisely in all ways?
Psalms 101:2 I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
4. Do I pray daily for myself and fellow believers to turn from their wicked ways?
2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
5. Have I acknowledged Him in all my ways?
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
6. Have I checked to make sure I am not backslidden, that is filled with my own ways?
Proverbs 14:14 The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.
7. Do I look well to the ways of my household?
Proverbs 31:27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
8. Am I making sure that my way is God’s way? Am I seeking direction from Him daily, remembering that His ways are always higher than mine?
Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
9. Am I walking in the old paths, God’ ways, which will bring rest to my soul?
Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.
10. Am I asking the Lord to search my heart, remembering that He gives to everyone according to their ways?
Jeremiah 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
11. Am I applying my heart to His wisdom and Knowledge through the meditation of God’s Word, realizing that His ways are past finding out?
The reasons of the proceedings of God with men are often by them unknown, and can never be fully understood; yet we may be certain that he, in all cases, has reasons which are perfectly wise and infinitely good. No objection therefore ought to be made, by any one, to any thing that God does; but the spontaneous expression of all should be, Bless the Lord in all places of his dominion; bless the Lord, O my soul. (Ps 103:22).
~Family Bible Notes
Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
12. Am I double minded, making me unstable in all my ways?
James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
JUST AND TRUE ARE HIS WAYS!
Revelation 15:3 . . . Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.11
Friend, the ultimate way you need to consider is your destiny. Do you know where you will be after this life? You can.
Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Free Devotional ebook for signing up below. The Lord wants us to prepare Him a habitation daily. Perhaps this free devotional ebook will help you get started.