Happy Father’s Day Coconut Cake
Are you looking for a special cake for Father’s Day? Does that man in you life like coconut desserts? Well, how about a yummy and moist coconut cake. This one has become a favorite of my husband and it is so easy to make.
Don’t waste your money on sweetened condensed milk. You can easily make your own. Here’s how:
- 1 c. instant nonfat dry milk
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. boiling water
- 3 tbsp. butter
Beat all ingredients together. Process in blender until smooth and store in refrigerator. Makes 1 1/4 cups or the equivalent of 1 can.
Here’s a Tip:
You can store your nonfat dry milk in the freezer. If you don’t use it that often, like myself, it will keep much longer this way.
That is just one recipe. You can google it and find it dozens of places. I just made some for a coconut cake that I am making for hubby for Father’s Day!
Now for the Cake!
Wish I had a picture, but I did not get one, so I will just have to fake it. LOL Nevertheless, the cake was super moist and very yummy and one of his favorites.
Easy Coconut Cream Cake (very good and very moist!)
- 1 box white cake mix (I used coconut oil when adding oil to the mix)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can cream of coconut
- 1 bag coconut flakes ( I did not use whole bag of coconut. Use at your own discretion.)
- 1 large container of cool whip
- (opt.) conf. sugar
- Bake cake, adding ½ bag of coconut flakes. Let cool completely.
- Punch holes with handle of wooden spoon along cake about ½ inch apart
- Mix can of cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk and pour evenly over the top of the cake.
- In same bowl mix entire container of cool whip and rest of coconut flakes. Can also add in confectioners sugar if desired. (better this way in my opinion, it makes a much yummier frosting.)
- Spread evenly over cake. Refrigerate immediately.