Last night I had a dream. We had started a fire to burn some brush. I really don’t remember all the details of the dream, but the main thing I remember is that we didn’t put the fire out and it began to spread. It got closer and closer to the house. I told my husband that we need to put the fire out before we end up with a disaster, but he assured me that all was well and it would soon go out by itself. However, that never happened!
I decided to go check the fire out for myself. I walked around the outside of it and saw that it was getting closer to the house. Although it appeared to just be smoldering, when close enough, I could see the hot flames beneath. The fire had reached within a few feet of our house and had a pretty wide circumference. There was also a deep pit that had formed with flames and smoke coming out of it. I really wanted this fire to stop, but once again I was assured that all would be well.
THEN I AWOKE!
Well, I’m not sure if this had any great meaning or not, but the Lord certainly let me apply it to life today.
- The fires of hell are real! People laugh and joke about it or say they don’t believe in it, but they only lie to themselves.
- If we don’t know Jesus, then one day those fires of hell will engulf us for we are condemned already and there is no escape.
- This fire will never be put out and the devil continues to lie to us that all is well.
- It may seem that there is plenty of time to put the fire out, plenty of time to think about getting saved, but destruction will come suddenly without aware. It may be so close that we don’t even realize it and then whoosh – we are gone up in flames!
- NO ONE can escape this fire by himself, but there is only one way to escape.
- If you’re neighbor’s house had a nearby fire and you saw it getting closer to the house, would you rush to tell him? Or would you say, aw, he probably knows about it already and he will do something about it? Would you think, that fire is fine and will go out sooner or later? Really? That is crazy! We would call the fire department. We would knock on their door and tell them that they need to get this fire out. If we cared, that is!
Then I reminded myself. Do I really care about my neighbor? Do I care about the many people I see walking around every day with meaningless lives, but whose lives are in danger because the fires of hell are surrounding them? I need to hurry and tell them that there isn’t much time. The fire could destroy them today. Lord, help me to care! Give me a passion for souls!
It’s appointed unto men once to die but after this the judgment (Hebrews (9:27)
Will you be judged according to the righteousness of Christ?
2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Or are you condemned already?
John 3:18 He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Revelation 21:8 – But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Jesus came not to condemn, but to save souls. He already took our punishment. Won’t you trust Him today before it’s too late?
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.