Each day brings God’s New Mercies. How Gracious He is!
- Lamentations 3:22-23 It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
As Jacob grew spiritually, he too realized how gracious God was to him. When he reunited with his brother Esau, he was asked whose children these were. Jacob knew that his children were indeed a gift from God, because here was Jacob’s response:
- Genesis 33:5 And he lifted up his eyes, and saw the women and the children; and said, Who are those with thee? And he said, The children which God hath graciously given thy servant.
- Genesis 33:11 Take, I pray thee, my blessing that is brought to thee; because God hath dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough. And he urged him, and he took it.
Here are some other ways that Jacob realized the graciousness of God:
- Jacob desired to give because God had given to him over abundantly. He said to Esau “Take I pray thee”
- Jacob realized that all his material blessings were from God. His word: “my blessing that is brought to thee”
- Jacob’s reason for sharing was because of God’s graciousness to him. “God hath dealt graciously with me”
- Jacob knew he had enough. “and because I have enough” God always knows what is enough for us and many times He gives us way more than enough!
- Jacob urged his brother to take his gift. “And he urged him, and he took it.” I need to urge others to take God’s gift of eternal life. It is free for the asking!
God has also dealt graciously with me.
- He has given me wonderful children who love God!
- He has met my needs and blessed me exceedingly abundantly above all that I could ask or think.
- He has given me the gift of eternal life through His Son Jesus Christ.
- He has given me the ability to share this gift with others.
Friend, I would like to urge you to take this gift today!
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: