November 22, 2012
- Was able to make two pies and share them at a Thanksgiving dinner at the Cross Roads Rescue Mission. We ate dinner with one of our son and his family at the mission where he serves as the general director. I am thankful for ministries like this which reach out to the poor in need, for their physical and spiritual need. Psalms 72:12-13 For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper. He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy.
- Thankful for the safety of my sis and her husband in traveling to our home from Indiana today
- Also enjoyed my youngest grand daughter, only 2, helping me make pumpkin pies. She was so cute and enjoyed every moment of it. She did not get tired after a few minutes, but stayed with me through the whole process.
November 23, 2012
- Thankful for an abundance of food – more than we need, for the ability to prepare it and serve it, for taste buds to enjoy it.
- Thankful for my family, my children, my grandchildren, sisters and brothers, for the closeness we share, for the privilege of sharing a Thanksgiving meal together.
November 24, 2012
- Thankful for one on one “sister” time and for the fun of going out together.
- Thankful for a visit from my son and his wife and children. Enjoyed watching Caleb chase the red dot everywhere. Thankful to be “loved”
November 25, 2012
- Thankful for good sermons from the Word of God today. One sermon was on the testing of our faith. God puts us through different “classrooms” of testings and we either pass or fail. Praise the Lord, He is ever merciful and gives us chance after chance.
- Thankful for our hymnbook and the fact that we still use it. Thankful for a godly music director who takes time to teach and instruct us in godly music. Thankful for the Words to these hymns from so many men and women who are now gone, but have left us hymns with great texts that will satisfy the soul.
- Thankful for pizza and ice cream, but also for the reminder that my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and how I treat it should be to bring glory to God. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
November 26, 2012
- Thankful for a good article I read today on giving thanks. Gratitude/ Thanksgiving is not something we have, it is something we give. Interesting thought. It is a choice that we make. We can choose to give thanks or choose to not give thanks. Not giving thanks will most likely make us bitter and ugly Christians. May I learn to give thanks in everything. 39 Times the Bible says to Give Thanks and 2 times it says to Be Thankful. Below are just a few of the verses:
- Psalms 30:4 Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
- Psalms 30:12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
- Psalms 35:18 I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people.
- Psalms 75:1 <<To the chief Musician, Altaschith, A Psalm or Song of Asaph.>> Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.
- Psalms 97:12 Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
- Psalms 106:1 Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.