Great Places to Visit in the NC/TN Mountains
Affiliate Links within this post (Disclosure)
I love the mountains and we are so blessed to be able to take a vacations or even just a jaunt there. Roan Mountain, TN which is on the border of North Carolina is one of my all time favorites! It is a beautiful place and one of the great places to visit in the NC/TN mountains. AND it never ceases to amaze me when I see the beauty of God’s creation. While hiking I love to just stop and look around and take it all in! How can it be, that God, our great creator could love a soul like me! I’m so glad He does!
This trip included 14 other great places to visit in the NC/TN Mountains
- Fair Haven Ministries
- Roaring Falls on Hwy 80, NC
- Carolina Hemlocks on Hwy 80, NC – We were doing our typical backroad driving and came upon this by accident. Very beautiful and scenic drive and also a great place to camp and fish.
- Spruce Pine, NC
- Toms Creeks Falls , NC – Easy and short hike – very pretty
- Bakersville, NC – Drive north out of this little town to Roan Mountain. It’s a beautiful drive
- Roan Mountain, TN and while you are there go to the gardens in June and do the following hikes:
- Roan Mountain State Park, TN
- Blue Hole Falls, TN
- Wautauga Lake, TN
- Backroads of NC and TN
What a wonderful relaxing time! And what a great time to praise God for the beauty of His creation!
So if you are looking for some great places to visit in the NC/TN mountains, these are some that I highly recommend. If you love the mountains like I do, then you will certainly want to check out some of these places when you make your visit to NC or TN. Be sure to grab your back roads map and do some extra exploring. Here is what we use: North Carolina and Tennessee.