How to “feel better” Physically and Spiritually
The winter months always seem to be “sick seasons”; lots of colds, flu, and respiratory illnesses seem to be every where you turn. It is a time when you feel like you have to keep washing your hands, always have hand sanitizer on hand, keep reminding the kids to keep your hands off you face, etc., etc. Good health really is a great blessing from God.
How about your Spiritual Health? Do you work at it as hard as your physical health? When I don’t take care of myself physically, I often find myself getting sick or “falling apart”. Our Spiritual health is a blessing from God too and we need to work on it each and every day. If we don’t we will soon find our selves “sin sick” and “falling apart“.
- He heals us physically
- Psalms 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
- He heals us spiritually
- Psalms 41:4 I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.
Just as we “feel better” when we are healed physically, we also “feel better” when we are healed spirtually! What a peace floods our soul when we are not “sin sick”. How do you have your “sin-sick” soul healed?
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
- 1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Our souls are healed through Jesus Christ who bore our sins in his own body on the cross of Calvary. Once we have placed our trust in Him as our personal Lord and Savior, then we become a new person; our sins are washed away! Oh what a glorious day! Has your sin sick soul been healed?
When our sin sick soul is “healed” then it should cause our hearts to be filled with praise to our Lord and Savior.
- Psalms 71:8 Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honour all the day.
- Psalms 71:15 My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof.
Filling my mouth with praise and honor to God will keep it from being filled with ungodliness and speech that is not pleasing to Him. There can never be enough praise and honor given to God. Have you been healed Spiritually? The Savior is waiting for you today.
Join me and many others for Biblical Encouragement in Your Inbox