In Joshua 22:5 we can see six ways to have a diligent walk with the Lord
1. DO – “But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law,
which Moses the servant of the Lord charged you,”
Do His Commandments. It is true that we are no longer under the law, yet our love for Him ought to cause us to want to do His commandments.
Remember – His commandments are NOT grievous
John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
2. LOVE – “to love the Lord your God,” Ephesians 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, . . .
3. WALK – “and to walk in all his ways,”All of His ways, not just the ones that are easy and pleasant for us.
Do you have a daily walk with the Lord?
4. KEEP – “and to keep his commandments,”
5. CLEAVE – “and to cleave unto him ,”
Stay so close to the Lord that you can never be separated from Him. Leave the world and what it has to offer and instead cleave to the Lord.
6. SERVE – “and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.”
1 Samuel 12:24 Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.
Luke 4:8 . . . Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.