LISTEN and OBEY God’s Word, Then REAP the Benefits
Here are five things we can learn from the widow in this story.
1 Kings 17:12-16 And she said, As the LORD thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die. And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son. For thus saith the LORD God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth. And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days. And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake by Elijah.
1. Listen to God before doing anything else! This widow listened to the man of God who brought her the Word of God.
Open God’s Word daily and listen to what He has to say to you.
2. This widow was about to die; her troubles were great!. But she put others above herself and her own needs.
Am I more concerned about my own needs rather than the needs of others?
3. God told this widow specifically what to do. Listen to God’s specific instruction which comes from His Word. Obey immediately!
4. This widow obeyed immediately. When you know the will of God, don’t delay to do it. That will only bring confusion and doubt.
5. This widow’s obedience brought great blessing. Her needs were met all throughout the famine. She never worried again about lack of food. What a blessing!
Are you going through troublesome times?
Are you worried about how “you are going to make it”?
God can and will provide if you are willing to listen and obey His Word.
How many blessings from God have you and I missed because of our disobedience or just plain doubting his Word!
Remember where God guides, He provides.
He will never leave us and He cares for each need we have.
Join me below for more Biblical Encouragment