Have you asked God for a hard thing lately?
Have I thought to ask a hard thing of the Lord today? Do I really believe that He can answer a request that is a hard thing? Well, I might say it with my mouth, but do I actually believe it in my heart?
2 Kings 2:10 And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.
Here are 5 things to consider when you bring your requests to the Lord:
- Have you asked a hard thing of the Lord today? Ask Him something hard today. Is He not the creator of all, the God of all gods, and the King of all kings?
- Do you believe that ALL things are possible with God? Mark 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
- Do you believe that He is able to do exceeding abundant above all that you ask or think? Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, – Did you catch that? Exceeding abundantly above, yes way more than we could even think or begin to ask! He can do a hard thing for you!
- You can come boldly to His throng and ask in confidence. Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Now this is a pretty awesome thought to think that you can come to the King of kings with no fear and can ask your requests of Him
- You can cast all your care on Him. 1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. He really does care about a hard thing in your life. Lay the burden on Him. He cares!
- You can bring everything to Him in prayer, thanking Him that He hears and answers everything; yes, He want to hear a hard thing from you too! Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
- Number 6 will bring peace which passes all understanding. Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Ask a hard thing of the Lord today! In fact ask Him a hard thing every day!