One Birthday that will last forever
Do you know that you can have one birthday that will last forever?
Birthday Comparisons and how to have that one birthday that will last forever!
- Our first birth is favored by the Lord: He is the creator and giver of life;
He has granted us favor and life (Job 10:12) But God favors our second birth even more. He is the giver of eternal life which comes only through the Lord Jesus. We have to be born a second time in order to enter the kingdom of God. (Jn. 3:3)
- Our first birth means we were born into an earthly family,
but our second birth means we were born into God’s heavenly family. (Jn. 3:6)
- Our first birth may bring us many gifts, but these gifts are temporary.
Our second birth brings us eternal gifts. (Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.) (Matt.6:19-20)
- Our first birth has us blowing out candles year by year.
Our second birth brings us light that can never go out (Jn. 9:5) and that should be shared with others. (Matt. 5:14)
- Our first birth has us making memories and wishes, wishes that may never come true or at the most are just temporary.
Our second birth brings about wishes and dreams that only God can fulfill. (Ps. 20:4-5)
- Our first birthday allows us to grow physically from year to year. (Lk.2:52)
Our second birth will bring about spiritual growth as we grow in the Lord from day to day. (2 Pet. 3:18)
- Our earthly birthday celebrations will come to an end one day, (Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:)
but our second birth lasts forever! (Jn.3:16)