Are you going through any storms in your life right now? It seems as though people everywhere have storms, difficulties, problems, and more everyday. You know, life really is hard, but for the Christian, there is one who will be there through the hard times and cause us to have joy in the midst of our troubles.
- Mark 4:34-41 But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples. And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side. And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships. And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?
Many time God may teach us lessons and then it is time to move on to “pass over unto the other side.” As we are passing over, it is very possible that storms may arise in our lives.
Here are five lessons we can learn as we pass through storms in our life
- Jesus is always with us, but He may appear to be asleep. We must remember that Jesus never sleeps: Psalms 121:3-4 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
- Jesus may just be waiting for us to come to Him and ask Him to protect us from the storm, or to take us through the storm or to still the storm.
- Jesus is the Master of winds and waves; He is the Master of storms in our lives. He can calm the storm and He can calm our hearts in the storm’s midst.
- Faith in Him can and will dispel the fear of the Storm.
- Seeing His Mastery can cause us to put our fear in the right place, that is we should fear (reverence, stand in awe of Him who is the creator, the Holy One, the Almighty God, yet He cares for me! Yes, He cares for me! 1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Oh yes, He cares, I know He cares,
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares.
~Words: Frank E. Graeff, 1901