Prayer Prompts for Friday
Friday’s Prayer Prompts
Friday, the weekend is finally here! What a wonderful way to start each weekend by bringing our requests to the Lord! Below are some prayer prompts for Friday. We could start off by asking Him for a fresh start because that is what He gives us each day. His mercies are new every morning and we have a freshness from Him that keeps us refreshed. So as you pray remember to praise Him for His mercies and the freshness He bring to you continually.
- Frugal – It’s the end of the week. What a great way to start the day, by asking God to give you a frugal day, one where you use your time wisely. Ask Him for wisdom and guidance in all you do so that you will be thrifty, economical, careful, cautious, prudent,
- Colossians 4:5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.
- Friends – Pray for your friends consistently. They will appreciate it. I praise God for the friends in my life who are a source of encouragement to me.
- 2 Timothy 1:3 . . ., that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day;
- Free – Pray for freedom in the Lord to speak the truth in Love. Pray for the freedoms of our country and that God in His mercy will continue to allow us to spread the gospel.
- John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
- Fresh – Praise God for a fresh day. Ask Him to refresh your soul as you spend time in His Word.
- Psalms 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
- Frank – Pray for boldness and for the ability to be frank in sharing God’s Word, whether sharing the gospel or encouraging one another, or rebuking a brother if need be.
- Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
- Frazzle– It’s the end of the week. Are you frazzled? No need to be. Pray for God to give you direction, guidance, wisdom, and calm endurance through all your trials. He can keep your soul from being frazzled. He can still any storm in your life and give you peace through it.
- Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God:
- Mark 4:39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
- Freeze – Don’t let your heart become frozen to the things of God. Instead, keep your heart warmed toward the things of God and pray for God to help you spread the warmness to others.
- Hebrews 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
- Fret-Praise God we need not fret. We don’t need to fret over evil doers and there is much evil going on all around us. Instead pray for the Lord to deliver you from fretting and to help you put your trust wholly in Him.
- Psalms 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
- Front-Pray for the Lord to give you courage as you face the enemy in the front lines. Remember, it is the Lord who fights our battle.
- 1 Samuel 17:47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD’S, and he will give you into our hands.
- Psalms 18:39 For thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me.
- Froward – Pray for grace as you face froward people and for wisdom in dealing with them. Pray for any family or friends who may be froward and need a change of heart. The word froward means: Perverse, that is, turning from, with aversion or reluctance; not willing to yield or comply with what is required; unyielding; ungovernable; refractory; disobedient; peevish; as a froward child. (Webster’s 1828 Dictionary)
- 2 Samuel 22:27 With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself unsavoury.
- Fruit-Pray that you will manifest the fruits of the spirit. Which one is hard for you? Ask the Lord to help you to especially change in that area. Have your children professed salvation, but you wonder? Ask the Lord to help that one to yield to Him and begin manifesting the fruits of the Spirit.
- Galatians 5:22-25 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Happy Friday! Keep your eyes on the Lord and remember He hears and answers! He desires to give you a fresh and fruitful weekend as you walk with Him and allow Him to work in your life.