Jesus Came for us – Why? – Here are five reasons
Here are just 5 reasons why Jesus came. Do you ever think about why Jesus came to earth? Take a moment to reflect on why Jesus came for you.
WHY JESUS CAME
- To Save Sinners
1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
- Take away sin
- John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. Wow! To think that Jesus came to take away the sins of the whole world! And He took away my sin!
- Put away sin
- Hebrews 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. He is the only one who can put away sin. Have yours been put away?
- That we should live unto righteousness
- 1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. Are you living unto righteousness? Our salvation is not a ticket to do whatever we want, but instead it should put a desire in us to live a righteous life.
- Take away sin
- To Save the lost
Matthew 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
- To Give Himself a Ransom
Matthew 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. He has given his life as a ransom to anyone who is willing to accept this free gift. Can you think of any other gift as amazing as this one? He will be your ransom!
- To Bear witness of the truth
John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
- To be a faithful High Priest/make reconciliation
Hebrews 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. This faithful High Priest is my personal High Priest and I can come boldly to His throne anytime. To think that I can talk to the God of the universe at anytime is mind boggling!
- put away sin
- 1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
- destroy the works of the devil (aff. link)
- 1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
- Hebrews 2:14-15 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
- put away sin