Rest – this is the topic for this week for Five Minute Friday. This is the first time that I have participated in Five Minute Friday. It sounded like fun and it is interesting to read so many different posts that come from one word. So I have linked up here for this post.
Oh how I need rest although I don’t often act like it.
- Always busy, scurrying here and there to get things done and there’s always one more thing to do
- Maybe fretting, worrying about something, rather than resting in the Lord. He says:
- In Psalms 37:7 we are told to Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him
- In Matthew 11: 28 Jesus says: Come unto me and I will give you rest
- God’s children, the Israelites, were not allowed to enter into His rest because of their disobedience.
- When I disobey, my spirit is restless. I need to confess and forsake my sin of disobedience, follow Jesus, and let Him put me at rest.
- Oh, what a restful, peaceful heart we have when we fully trust and obey, when we’re fully surrendered
- It’s true – His yoke is easy – His burden is light, for when we are yoked to Him he gently leads in the right direction and carries our burdens for us, giving us a hear full of rest.
- As I come to Him with thanksgiving with my requests, I then too have a heart full of rest
Everyone is called into His rest if they are willing. It is a rest in the finished work of Christ on the cross and ceasing from our own works.
Hi! Visiting from FMF.
I really enjoyed your post. Especially your ending. “and ceasing from our own works.”
It’s so easy to fill our schedule with good things that leave us no time for God. His invitation to “Be still and know that I am God.” is hard to accept in today’s fast pace.
Hope you come back again!!