Rest – this is the topic for this week for Five Minute Friday. This is the first time that I have participated in Five Minute Friday. It sounded like fun and it is interesting to read so many different posts that come from one word. So I have linked up here for this post.
Oh how I need rest although I don’t often act like it.
- Always busy, scurrying here and there to get things done and there’s always one more thing to do
- Maybe fretting, worrying about something, rather than resting in the Lord. He says:
- In Psalms 37:7 we are told to Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him
- In Matthew 11: 28 Jesus says: Come unto me and I will give you rest
- God’s children, the Israelites, were not allowed to enter into His rest because of their disobedience.
- When I disobey, my spirit is restless. I need to confess and forsake my sin of disobedience, follow Jesus, and let Him put me at rest.
- Oh, what a restful, peaceful heart we have when we fully trust and obey, when we’re fully surrendered
- It’s true – His yoke is easy – His burden is light, for when we are yoked to Him he gently leads in the right direction and carries our burdens for us, giving us a hear full of rest.
- As I come to Him with thanksgiving with my requests, I then too have a heart full of rest
Everyone is called into His rest if they are willing. It is a rest in the finished work of Christ on the cross and ceasing from our own works.