Run, Run, Run!
As my friend and I were taking a walk one day, we heard a train whistle in the distance and knew we only had a minute or two to beat the train and get across the tracks in order to not allow our walk to be interrupted. So we ran. Whew! I’m not used to that, but we did beat the train!
I was thinking that sometimes there are trains in life that come along and we ought not to let them over take us. We often need to run in order to avoid certain dangers and obstacles that may hinder our Christian life.
- Joseph ran and got away from Potiphar’s wife instead of letting sin ruin his life.-Genesis 39:12 And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out.
- We should run to the Lord to hide us and deliver us from our enemies. – Psalms 143:9 Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me.
- Run from things that will hinder your Christian life and instead be obedient to this verse: 1 Timothy 6:11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. and this verse: 2 Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
- As we Submit ourselves to God and resist the devil we will find that he will run from us! James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
- May each day be a day that we run the Christian life with patience and lay aside every weight of sin – Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,