Ten Choices That Will Make Your Life Successful
Do you want to make choices that will make you successful? You Can. We all can. So how does one make choices that make you successful? Everyday life is made up of choices. There are simple choices and more serious choices that we need to make on a daily basis.
Just like Moses, you can make these choices that will make your successful
Of course, I realize that the world’s definition of success is different than that of a Christian. At least it should be. God’s Word tells us: Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. This verse ought to be our definitions of success.
While studying the life of Moses, one can see that Joshua 1:8 was his life. Would I have been able to make the same choices that Moses made? What if it had been God’s will for you to have your parents give you up to a king in a heathen land? What if you upbringing brought you into great fame and riches? Would you be able to deny those things and make the right choices for the Lord? These are choices that will make one successful, truly successful!
Ten Choices that will make you successful
1. He chose not to be called Pharaoh’s Daughter. Hebrews 11:24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter; Choosing the right associations in this world is so important. Yes, we are to be among the sinners as Jesus was, but we are not to be a part of them. We need to win them to Christ, but not partake of their deeds.
2.He chose to suffer affliction. Hebrews 11:25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, … There are so many that go through much affliction; I wonder could I do the same (affiliate link) if it came down to life and death? All who live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer …
3. He chose not to enjoy sin’s pleasure which don’t last. Hebrews 11:25 … than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; Yes, sin often has its’ pleasures for a while, but eventually will lead to destruction. If sinners entice, consent thou not.
4. He chose to have the riches of Christ over the treasure of Egypt. Hebrews 11:26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: … Let us choose to lay up treasures in heaven rather than on earth.
5. He chose to forsake Egypt (the way of the world). Hebrews 11:27 By faith he forsook Egypt, … Love not the world – if we love the world, then God’s Word says the love of the Father is not in us.
6. He chose not to fear the King’s wrath. Hebrews 11:27 …not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible. Yes, God does give us those in authority, but when their rulings are against God’s Word, we must choose to obey God rather than men.
7. He chose to believe and trust God in bringing deliverance to Israel. (Exodus 3-4) God is our deliverer. Choosing to believe and trust God is a daily action.
8. He chose to keep the Passover and the sprinkling of blood, knowing that the blood would deliver from death. Hebrews 11:28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, Have you chosen the blood? Jesus Christ shed His blood for you and me and everyone must choose whether or not they will trust in the shed blood of Christ to deliver from eternal death.
9. He chose to let God lead Him all the way. Deuteronomy 34:7 And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated. Let God lead you everyday and all the way until you reach your eternal home. Ask Him daily to show you His ways and teach you His paths.
10. He chose God’s Way for His Life – Choose God’s Way – It is the best Way. It’s the only tried and true way and it will lead you to life eternal one glad day! Choose God’s Way Today.
So what will your choices be today?
Do you want to make choices that will make you successful? Are you willing as Moses was to choose God, to choose all that He has for you, and to allow Him to lead you all the way until death brings you into His presence? Are you willing to make Joshua 1:8 a part of your life?
Psalm 73:24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.