The Happy Person – 15 Bible Verses on Happiness
What person doesn’t want to be happy? True happiness can only be found in the Lord Jesus. Here are 15 Bible verse that tell how we can be happy.
1.Hear God’s Wisdom
2 Chronicles 9:7 Happy are thy men, and happy are these thy servants, which stand continually before thee, and hear thy wisdom.
2. Don’t despise the chastening of the Lord
Job 5:17 Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:
3. Be thankful for the children God has placed in your life
Psalms 127:4-5 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
4. Fear the Lord and walk in His way
Psalms 128:1 -2 Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways. For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.
5. Allow God to be LORD of your life
Psalms 144:15 Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.
6. Put your hope in the Lord and He will be your helper
Psalms 146:5 Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:
7. Get wisdom and understanding through the Word of God
Proverbs 3:13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
8. Have mercy on the poor
Proverbs 14:21 He that despiseth his neighbour sinneth: but he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he.
9. Trust the Lord for wisdom in handling your matters
Proverbs 16:20 He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he.
10. Don’t let your heart get hard, but be always in the fear of the Lord
Proverbs 28:14 Happy is the man that feareth alway: but he that hardeneth his heart shall fall into mischief.
11. Keep God’s laws
Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
12. Follow the Lord’s example and be a servant
John 13:17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them…
13. Be Steadfast, persevere to the end
James 5:11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.
14. Don’t be afraid or troubled when suffering comes
1 Peter 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
15. Realize you are bringing glory to Christ when your are reproached
1 Peter 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
A Good Definition of Happiness
The happy person is one whom God uprooted and transplanted in a place where he can reach his full potential in service for God.