Did you ever realize that we are to wait, run, and walk all at the same time.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
- Waiting (resting) upon the LORD brings renewed strength
- Psalms 103:5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s. – Feasting on God’s Word daily is a must if I am to have renewed strength
- Psalms 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: . . .
- Waiting upon the Lord causes me to mount up with wings as eagles. God gives us renewed strength like this while protecting us under the shadow of His wings.
- Psalms 17:8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,
- Psalms 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
- Waiting upon the Lord causes me to run and not be weary.
- 1 Corinthians 9:24-26 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
- Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
- Waiting on the Lord causes me to walk and not faint.
- Walk is used 203 times in the Bible. We are told over and over to walk uprightly, (Psalms 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.walk circumspectly, walk in the Spirit… ; Proverbs 2:7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.), to walk circumspectly, (Ephesians 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,) and to walk in the Spirit. (Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.;Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. ; Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.)
- I need to watch for His coming and be ready to meet Him lest I be ashamed. (Revelation 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.)