What is your Favorite Gift?
How do you treat your favorite gift?
- Love it and cherish it
- Take good care of it
- Put it on display
- Share it
How about a gift that is not that is not a favorite?
- Toss it away or in a donate pile – just don’t care that much about it
- Forget about it and leave where it can be destroyed
- Never make use of it
- Never think that someone else may like it even though we don’t
How do we treat the gift of Eternal Life?
Have you received the gift of eternal life? It is a precious, costly gift from God Himself! It ought to be our favorite of all favorites! To think that God, the creator, loves me and would love me so that He sent His only Son to die for my sins so that I could possess such a gift as this. Too often I do not treat this gift the way I should.
- Do we love it and cherish it or consider it my fire insurance?
- Jesus paid the price for it. He paid it all through His shed blood on the cross and offered it to anyone for free! Everyone likes free things – there is not another free gift that could ever take the place of this one. There is nothing you can do to earn it for then it would not be a gift.
- We ought to cherish it as the most precious gift ever! It is!
- Do I take good care of it or forget about it and allow it to be destroyed so to speak?
- No we cannot lose our salvation; Praise God it is a gift that we can NEVER lose!
- But we can surely act as though we could care less that God has given us this precious gift. How often do I “hide” this gift and totally ruin the chance of someone else taking this gift because I have not treated it properly?
- Do I put it on display for others to see?
- Am I a witness in my corner of the world so that others can see there is something different?
- Are others asking about this gift and where they can get it too?
- Do I share it?
- What a tremendous gift to share!
- I can share this gift and let others know that they can have it for themselves.
Here is how you or anyone else can receive this gift:
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
John 3:16 ~“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23
Have you received the free gift He offers?
- “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name” John 1:12
- “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” Romans 10:9
- God says that anyone can be saved. “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
- Won’t you examine your own heart, receive the free gift of eternal life through God’s Son Jesus Christ? This is a gift that will last forever!
More Biblical Encouragement In Your Inbox