Winter Bible Verses
I don’t look forward to winter, although I do think it has its’ own beauty. Yes, all seasons have their own beauty and as I’ve grown older, I’ve learned to accept that fact that the Lord made all the seasons and has a purpose for each one. He also has a purpose for any season of life you may be going through. He can help us weather any season, so if your winter is hard right now, sit at the feet of Jesus, and behold Him. He can:
•Show you His mighty power
•Show you His faithfulness
•Give you something to look forward to – SPRING!
•Remind you that His Word will never return void
•Remind you of His goodness and His Salvation – we can be washed white as snow
•Remind you to watch and wait, for the Ancient of Days will soon be returning and we will meet around His throne. Praise God!
Winter Bible Verses
Here are a few verses on Winter, snow, and cold. Add this free printable to your collection of verse memory and meditation.
- Psalm 74:17 Thou hast set all the borders of the earth: Thou hast made summer and winter.
- Genesis 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
- Psalm 147:16-17He giveth snow like wool: He scattereth the hoarfrost like ashes. He casteth forth His ice like morsels: Who can stand before His cold?
- Job 37:5-6 God thundereth marvellously with His voice; great things doeth He, which we cannot comprehend. For He saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth; likewise to the small rain, and to the great rain of His strength.
- Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
- Job 38:22 Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail?
- Isaiah 55:10-11 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:So shall My Word be that goeth forth out of My Mouth: it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
- Proverbs 31:21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
- Song of Solomon 2:11-12 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;
- Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
- Psalms 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
- Daniel 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
- Psalms 148:8 Fire, and hail; snow, and vapour; stormy wind fulfilling His Word:
- Proverbs 25:13 As the cold of snow in the time of harvest, so is a faithful messenger to them that send him: for he refresheth the soul of his masters.
Morning and Evening
by Charles Spurgeon
My soul begin this wintry month with your God. The cold snows and the piercing winds all remind you, that He keeps His covenant with day and night, and tend to assure you that He will also keep that glorious covenant which He has made with you in the person of Christ Jesus. He who is true to His Word in the revolutions of the seasons of this poor sin-polluted world—will not prove unfaithful in His dealings with His own well-beloved Son.
Winter in the soul is by no means a comfortable season, and if it be upon you just now, it will be very painful to you—but there is this comfort, namely—that the Lord makes it. He sends the sharp blasts of adversity to nip the buds of expectation. He scatters the hoarfrost like ashes over the once verdant meadows of our joy. He casts forth His ice like morsels freezing the streams of our delight. He does it all, He is the great Winter King, and rules in the realms of frost—and therefore you cannot murmur.
Losses, crosses, heaviness, sickness, poverty, and a thousand other troubles—are of the Lord’s sending, and come to us with wise design. Frosts kill noxious insects, and put a bound to raging diseases. Winter in the soul breaks up the clods, and sweetens the soul. O that such good results would always follow our winters of affliction! How we prize the fire just now! how pleasant is its cheerful glow! Let us in the same manner prize our Lord, who is the constant source of warmth and comfort in every time of trouble. Let us draw near to Him, and in Him find joy and peace in believing. Let us wrap ourselves in the warm garments of His promises, and go forth to labors which befit the season, for it is bad to be as the sluggard who will not plough by reason of the cold; for he shall beg in summer and have nothing!